Guess what? I might be moving back to New Orleans this year! That would mean me and Ruby back in the same town–our town–walking around barefoot with a beers and a wee red-head in a tutu. Although recent disappointments have tauight me not to count my proverbial chickens before they hatch, I can’t help thinking about all the great things I’ll be able to enjoy if I DO get to move home. Here’s a list of what I’ll be looking forward to, in no particular order:
- Getting a bike and riding all over the city, like Kate of What I Saw Riding My Bike Around Today.
- Donating my time to Friends of New Orleans Cemeteries (they do tomb restoration, but lack a website). I always meant to get involved the FIRST time I lived there.
- Buying a couple of kayaks so I can take a paddle with my husband or a friend down the lovely Bayou St. John.
- Barefoot-dancing and live music at least once a week.
- Wearing face-paint to breakfast.
- Po’ boys!
- Beer for breakfast. (I’ve never actually done this. I always say I’m going to, but then it never really sounds good because what I really want in the morning is coffee, and lots of it. But I know there will come a time.)
- Starting a new website/blog (I can’t tell y’all the idea or you might jack my idea, yo).
- Writing a book about New Orleans.
- Did I mention po’ boys?
Well, of course there’s so, so, so much more. That’s just for starters. I mean, I didn’t even mention crawfish boils or Mardi Gras or Jazzfest. So this list is a To Be Continued kind of thing.
P.S. That’s me up there, hugging that lamp post with–you guessed it–a po’ boy in my hand.